B.Sc. Nursing is a Degree program (Bachelor of Science Degree). INC (Indian Nursing Council) is the body governing the aspects of nursing education in India. B.Sc. Nursing course follows the syllabus prescribed by the INC.
On completion of the four year B.Sc. Nursing program the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/ community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent.
- Community Health Nurse
- Department Supervisor
- Deputy Director of Nursing
- Deputy Nursing Superintendent.
- Director of Nursing
- Industrial Nurse.
- Military Nurse
- Nursing Advisor to the Government of India.
- Nursing Superintendent
- Nursing Supervisor.
- Staff Nurse.
- Ward sister
B.SC NURSING-1ST YEAR
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Nursing foundation
B.SC NURSING-2nd YEAR
- Medical surgical nursing-I
- Community health nursing-I
- Communication & educational technology
B.SC NURSING-3RD YEAR
- Medical surgical nursing(Adult including geriatrics)-II
- Child health nursing
- Mental health nursing
- Midwifery & obstetrical nursing
B.SC NURSING-4TH YEAR
- Midwifery & obstetrical nursing
- Community health nursing-II
- Nursing research &statistics
- Management of nursing services & education
The institute has declared all its buildings and hostel as no-smoking zones. Any student or staff indulging in smoking within these zones shall be fined Rs.500.00 for each offence.
A minimum attendance of 90% in each subject is required to sit for the semester examination. No casual wears are allowed in campus during the college hours. The institute provides a pleasant and healthy environment for all its students. The institute does not discriminate among its students based on gender, caste or color.
Ragging Free Environment
As per Honorable Supreme Court order, ragging is totally prohibited in education institutes.
The institute has adopted a very tough policy to stop ragging on its campus as well as hostel. Any student caught or found to be engaged in ragging shall be severely punished and will be expelled from institute.